Posted to alt.home.repair
Frugal Farmer Frugal Farmer is offline

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 00:41:50 GMT, "Gini" wrote:
"Frugal Farmer" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

===========
You know that it is a violation of eBay TOS to post personal identifying
information of another user online?

...snipped seller's name, address, and phone number...
=========

no I didnt. sorry, have not used ebay much, never read their rules
& regulations.

===
I think I see your problem. You want me to read their rules and regulations
for you?
===

no, you do not see my problem, that's the problem. You need to go and
have your eyes checked. MY problem is spelled out at the beginning
of this thread.

"Gini" wrote:
===
I provided a description of where it can be found via "Report this Item" in
the
auction listing. Go back through my posts, you'll find it. I am not going to

well, it ain't there! And whatever is there certainly doesnt address
the specific example trader4 gave you; an example that is relevant to
my question/problem.

"Gini" wrote:
eBay's
Help files to dig for info that you or anyone else can dig through on their
own. I'm
just not being paid enough here.
===

Nobody's getting paid enough here. Show me one that is.

"Gini" wrote:
==
You've been given the answers to your questions repeatedly but you've chosen

I've been given wrong answers repeatedly, that much is correct.
Needless to say, anything of value was said once and it was dead-on.

"Gini" wrote:
to discard them demanding a "link" that is clearly your responsibility to
find. You asked
for advice and were given advice. If you wanted a link, you should have gone
to eBay Help, not
usenet, and certainly not alt.home.repair.
==

For one, nobody here was "demanding" a link. You were asked to
provide a link to support your statement.
Had you ever gone to college or written a research paper, you would
understand that any claim needs to be supported by a reliable source -
referenced and cross-referenced. For example, all non-fiction books
and literature have sections called 'references' or 'bibliography'.
But how would YOU know? And that is the reason why you dance like a
comanche around hot fire and keep sending us on wild goose chase.
Trader4 asked you to support your statement. I asked you to reference
your source. Yet you choose to point to some "help" files. You might
as well point to the congress library.

your choice is:
1) support your claim/statement by providing a specific reference
2) withdraw your statement
3) qualify your statement as an uneducated opinion

"Gini" wrote:
to eBay Help, not
usenet, and certainly not alt.home.repair.
==

I certainly can see now that alt.home.repair was the wrong group to
ask eBay question with the likes of you hanging around.