Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Weller WHS

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:34:08 -0500, clifto wrote:

Ross Herbert wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:52:48 -0500, clifto

wrote:

I never liked Weller. Never could get a tip to last a week.

It all depends on whether you use genuine Weller tips or not and

the
solder you use.

As of the last time I had to use a Weller, I didn't know anyone else

made
tips for them. The replacements I was installing came out of Weller
shrink packaging.

Always had good solder at the places I've worked; for some reason, no

one
ever cheaped out on solder.

Vanier tips started appearing here around 1980's if I remember
correctly. http://www.vaniersoldertips.com/ I don't think the iron
plating they put on them was as thick as the original Weller.