Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Tank Question

On Oct 28, 10:36?pm, "Mark" wrote:
That's a good 'blanket statement' but with today's cost of energy it is
probably best to size to the home and family needs. In a small house, 2BR
with one bath, a 30 gallon may be plenty big and would save cost both in
initial purchase and in long term use.

wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 28, 3:00?pm, (Bob) wrote:
I need to replace my 30 gal. gas hot water tank. When I go for the new
one, is it ok to lay it on it's side in the back of the truck, or should
it be transported upright?

Just curious and thanks.

Bob

on side gently is fine. I would get a larger tank, its nice to have
more hot water and is a polus at home resale time.

I HAD a 30 gallon once, it was always running out of hot water- Hide quoted text -

30 gallon vs a 50 gallon operating expense is nearly the same, and a
larger tank likely lasts longer because of less thermal stress, while
adding comfort

riends had a 30 gallon tank and didnt know a larger one would fit,
when we went to pick a new one up, I have a van and help transporting
stuff.

they are very happy I convinced them to upsize