Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Disposing of powder actuated fastening tool charges

On Oct 28, 9:05 am, Jonathan Sachs wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 06:50:46 -0500, (The

Freon Cowboy) wrote:
not true , oil soaked powder actaully decomposes

That could be useful information in the future, but in this case, I'm
not confident that immersing the charges in oil would help. The open
ends of the casings are crimped and sealed with some rubbery compound.
They may well be water (and oil) proof. If I were manufacturing the
things, I would certainly make them so if I could.

That's my thought also. Imersing might work after several months but
water would seep in faster than oil, still very slowly though...

Harry K