Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Trip to harbor freight (grinding)

According to Ignoramus32225 :
On 2007-10-28, john wrote:
I got a real nice pedistal grinder for nothing which was very noisy and
the thru bolts were stripped holding the motor halves together. Some
threaded rod and new bearings did wonders for it. The biggest problem
after that was to remember to turn the thing off since it was so quiet.

I have a Baldor grinder (regular bench kind), and it is that quiet. It
keeps running for minutes after I turn it off. Very amazing.

I am amazed to say that the same is true of the 8" JET grinder
which I got from a local builder's hardware store. It had been in the
window so long (with the box) that the box was badly faded. I decided
to give it a try, since they were anxious to get rid of it, and when I
got it home I was amazed by how quiet it is -- and how quickly it spins
up to full speed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564