Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Why I love Home Depot

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:49:51 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Lou" wrote in message
roups.com...
I'll agree with George, they never should have allowed the truck
to leave without getting ahold of you first. This is just one of the
reason's
I do not use places like Home Depot any more. There are plenty of
places that sell the same items for the same money, sometimes a bit
higher but believe in customer service. I have yet to be able to walk
into
a Home Depot without having to find an employee.
Lou

I'm getting real thin with HD also. We got stuff at Lowe's, but it all
amounts to shopping and buying what you need at the price you want to pay.

We needed an exterior steel door. Home Depot in our area doesn't sell them
any more. Lowe's sells them, but only in 4" jambs. You have to buy an
"adapter" kit which amounts to strips of wood. It was $155. At a door
store, it was $355 for a steel door and $450 for a fiberglass one.........
in 6" jamb.

Avanti Doors
4650 S Decatur Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89103
(702) 873-1885

See what a steel door with the needed jamb will cost. They have a nice
show room and will custom make your door to specs.

--
Oren