Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Mixing soluble oils? Misting oils as flood coolant?

In article ,
"Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Awl--

In general is it OK to mix different soluble oils, as long as they don't
obviously clump?

Probably.

In particular, can KoolMist #77 (a misting soluble oil, which gets diluted
1:32), be mixed with Rustlick 5050, thus perhaps saving me some Rustlick?
It seems to physically mix OK.
The Koolmist does seem quite a bit less viscous.

The chemistries are different, but if it works it works.

By the way, KoolMist is not a soluable oil.

You can use WS5050 in 20: dilution. Don't know that adding KoolMist
helps any.

Can Koolmist et al be used as a kind of soluble oil, in the flood mode vs
the mist mode, with passable results? It seems to me that if it is
functioning as a cutting coolant in mist-mode, it ought to function at least
as well in flood-mode.

I use KoolMist 77 as a flood coolant all the time. It works just dandy.

Joe Gwinn