Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Fast Freddy Fast Freddy is offline

Default Wiring a single filament bulb to flash?

i just figured out a way to make that happen cheaply. I found one of thoze
trailer wiring adapters that let a vehicle with yellow turn signals work a
trailer. Looks like I can wire it to my bikes turn signal wiring so my bulbs
work both as running lights and turn signals. A lot cheaper than the ones
they sell specifically for bikes.

Fred
wrote in message

Motorcycle with twin filament bulb for turns/running light.

I'm fitting mirrors w/integral turns, i.e. single filament
bulb.

The m/c turn signal switch turns the running lights off,
when the signal is flashing.

Possible to wire to cause the single filament to be "On' as
running light, then flash as a turn signal?

thanks

gary