Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default The Reason Hot Taps Are On The Left And Cold Taps Are On The Right

On 2007-10-28 18:59:39 +0000, F said:

On 28/10/2007 11:14 Robin wrote:

By the way, in our house they are the other way around.

And when we moved into our house they varied from room to room!

Now that I've rebuilt most of the rooms they are all consistent: hot,
left; cold right.

If I ever come across the plumber (and his mate the joiner, not
forgetting also his mate the plasterer) who worked on this place when
it was built...

You're on a hiding to nothing there.

Everybody in the construction industry has the name of "mate". I am
not sure whether they are christened with it or change it by deed poll.