Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Why I love Home Depot

On Oct 28, 3:02 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"George" wrote in message

. ..

SteveB wrote:
We're doing an add-on. We bought a bunch of stuff from Home Depot.
Sink, toilet, cabinets, lots of "stuff".

When we bought the goods, we told the man we would be out of town until
Monday, and deliver it on MONDAY. Friday, they thought they would
deliver because they had a truck going to our little town on another
delivery. So, they leave the stuff with a neighbor on our road a quarter
of a mile away. Don't get a signature, no one checks the merchandise off,
it's sitting outside. No rain, luckily. They leave a message on our
cell phone (which was in the charger at the time) that they delivered.

We called back, and the guy had gone home. We talk to the manager, and
explain that by the time we return, all the goods may be missing,
damaged, or whatever. Also tell him that we have no way to move the
goods the quarter mile from where it was delivered to where it was
supposed to go.

He sends the truck back to pick the stuff up at my neighbor's. They will
deliver it tomorrow as originally designated. We will inspect it closely
for any dings that may have occurred during all this excess handling, and
send back anything that is damaged.

I love Home Depot.

Steve

Why? A real store would have delivered the stuff properly and you wouldn't
be calling managers and "carefully inspecting goods" that were left out in
the rain.

Hold your phone calls, folks. We have a winner!

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Failure to communicate!
And/or the sellers procedures do not include method of writing on the
delivery order any delivery instructions and timing.
Clearly up to the manager to a) Fix the immediate problem as they
appear to be doing, on MONDAY b) To look at his companies procedures
and alter or bypass them so this doesn't happen again.
This is somewhat similar to a situation encountered in a Mideastern
country, where it was emphasized to buy locally as much as possible.
An order for some 50 routine items was placed; based on previous
experience instructions were to deliver when a reasonable number of
items w had been received, for a total maybe of three deliveries. One
wekend my relative received call that items were being delivered and
would he please go into work to receive and sign for them. He dis o to
find only 3 items one of which was insulating tape. He repeated
instructions verbally to the delvery driver to not come again until a
good portion of the goods were ready. No dice; it happened again this
time on a working day, fortunately, just one or two items dribbled in
at a time! One wonders how some places stay in business?