Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Ground pigtails with conduit

It is recognized by the current NEC

"George" wrote in message
. ..
Charles wrote:
I'm installing exposed EMT conduit in my garage. The whole system will
be in the conduit, which will be used for the ground. I'm unclear on
whether I'm required to run ground pigtails from outlets and switches
to the back of the boxes. It seems pointless since the ground screw on
the outlet/switch is screwed into the same physical piece of metal that
makes up the mounting flange that screws into the box. I believe I'm
okay to leave it off with the outlets because the packaging they come
in says "grounding", is that right? How about the switches, should they
say "grounding" too (these ones don't)? Thanks for any advice.

I don't think using conduit as the equipment ground has been acceptable
for a while.