Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Oct 28, 9:40 am, "Poppin Fresh" wrote:
"Gini" wrote

I think I see your problem. You want me to read their rules and
regulations for you?

Gini,

Your response can be aimed towards a multitude of posters on here, you know
the ones. They believe what they write to be true, but in fact, it's only
their belief.

Too many of them would rather foam at the keyboard blabbering, than to
actually learn something useful. It appears they believe arguing and
ignoring the truth, makes what they believe is fact.

Your time and knowledge is too valuable to waste it on these types.

Include yourself in that lis that claims to know what is true. You
claimed that Frugal would be protected from loss through Paypal for
purchase. No worry. And I provided you with the link to Paypal
where it clearly says that the basic Paypal protection is $200. To
get the higher $2000 protection a specific list of criteria must be
met. The first is the seller must have more than 50 feedback.
Doh! The guy Frugal is dealing with has only 10.

And Frugal also reported on his discussions with VISA, that made it
clear that if you use a credit card through Paypal as just a standard
transaction, you aren't covered. They did tell him if he did a
special transaction, upfront notifying them of who the money is
ultimately going to via Paypal, sending VISA the contracts, invoices,
etc BEFORE the transaction, etc, then they would hand hold the
transaction and provide protection, essentially through some type of
escrow.

That is way different than the claims the you and Gini made, which is
that just use a credit card through Paypal and everything is peachy
keen, you're protected just like if you used the card with a VISA
merchant.

As I reported earlier, I myself went through this exact experience.
I used a Citibank VISA through Paypal to pay for an Ebay purchase,
which turned out to be fraud. Citibank told me exactly what I posted
previously. That their transaction with Paypal was legitimate and it
was not their problem as to Paypal then sending the money to some
party that Citibank has no relationship or knowledge of. I suppose
you think if you take a cash advance on a credit card from an ATM,
then take the cash and buy a watch from somebody that turns out to be
fake, VISA is going to take that loss too?

Now, some credit card companies and banks make react differently.
But to tell folks that they can just pay with a credit card through
Paypal and they are protected is hogwash. And go try pursuing it
with Paypal. Unlike VISA, where you can call and speak to a real
person, you'll find that with Paypal you're dealing with an email
server robot. Eventually a real person gets involved, but even then,
I could never speak to anyone. Ultimately I wound up out about $40
on a $175 Paypal/Ebay transaction, and that was becasuse the seller
finally relented and made the refund.

I also have a problem with the attitude, "It;s as I say. I don't
need to support it with a link, go look for one yourself." That
isn't very helpful. Nor is providing links that have nothing to do
with the obvious question. When Bigbackpaker said it's a violation
of Ebay rules for a seller to take Western Union, what did you do?
You posted links to avoiding Ebay fees. Those links said nothing at
all about Western Union. All you had to do was provide the correct
link, which would have avoided a long heated discussion. Instead you
starting hurling vulgarities at me. Real impressive.