Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default How to Hang large extension ladder on Garage Wall?

Why WOULDN't you screw them into a stud? That's how they're designed to be
used. Nothing will hold in sheetrock alone.

"Atari26004Fun" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi All - Does anyone know the best way or what type of bracker/hanger
to hang a heavy duty extension ladder (12ft closed, weighs around 50lbs
+) on a garage wall which is sheet rock. The only thing I came across
are these types of hangers (see link), but they don't seem to give
much support. These would presumably just go in the sheet rock because
I could not manually screw these into a stud and I would be afraid
they would tear out over time and come crashing down on my auto. Any
other recommendations would be most appreciated.

http://hardware.gillroys.com/Residen...R-s251313.html

Thanks for all your help.
Regards.