Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Disposing of powder actuated fastening tool charges

Harry K wrote:
On Oct 27, 11:11 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Cook them off, in a campfire.

--

Christopher A. Young
.

Don't you know that that is dangerous? I laugh when I see people
get all panicky about loose ammo in a fire. Truth is that neither the
case nor the bullet will go anywhere significant or penetrate anythign
if they did. Of course that applies to the usual house type ammo,
military is a different thing as it tends to run to the big stuff.

In the case of those power charges, they are fairly low powered to
begin with.

Harry K

Sympathetic detonation of primers sometime occurs if one goes off in a
tray full of primers. They are packaged in segmented trays because of
this. I suspect the nail drives only contain primer compound but
probably at a higher level than in normal primers. Myth Busters had a
show on what happens when guns or ammunition are stored in ovens. Neat
stuff.