Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Why I love Home Depot

We're doing an add-on. We bought a bunch of stuff from Home Depot. Sink,
toilet, cabinets, lots of "stuff".

When we bought the goods, we told the man we would be out of town until
Monday, and deliver it on MONDAY. Friday, they thought they would deliver
because they had a truck going to our little town on another delivery. So,
they leave the stuff with a neighbor on our road a quarter of a mile away.
Don't get a signature, no one checks the merchandise off, it's sitting
outside. No rain, luckily. They leave a message on our cell phone (which
was in the charger at the time) that they delivered.

We called back, and the guy had gone home. We talk to the manager, and
explain that by the time we return, all the goods may be missing, damaged,
or whatever. Also tell him that we have no way to move the goods the
quarter mile from where it was delivered to where it was supposed to go.

He sends the truck back to pick the stuff up at my neighbor's. They will
deliver it tomorrow as originally designated. We will inspect it closely
for any dings that may have occurred during all this excess handling, and
send back anything that is damaged.

I love Home Depot.

Steve