Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default The Reason Hot Taps Are On The Left And Cold Taps Are On TheRight

On 28/10/2007 11:14 Robin wrote:

By the way, in our house they are the other way around.

And when we moved into our house they varied from room to room!

Now that I've rebuilt most of the rooms they are all consistent: hot,
left; cold right.

If I ever come across the plumber (and his mate the joiner, not
forgetting also his mate the plasterer) who worked on this place when it
was built...

Some blame also on the original owners who accepted the pipes that bang
when you turn them off, doorways that are miles out of square and walls
that have 2" of plaster at the top and 0.5" at the bottom to create a
truly original 'Leaning Tower of Pisa' effect on a chimney breast!