Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Mystery car part

According to Christopher Tidy :
Hi folks,

I was at the junkyard recently. I found a small electronic part which
puzzled me. I didn't bring it home, but I took a picture of it because
I was curious to know what it was. Here it is:
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/honda_part.jpg

On the reverse it said "Honda Lock Mfg Co.". I think "Lock" may just
be part of the company name, and isn't necessarily a reference to it
being part of a locking system.

Anyone know? I'm curious.

I don't really *know*, but if you will accept a *guess*, I would
guess that it is a turn signal flasher.

The old ones were a thermal relay which changed speed when one
of the lamps was burnt out. The electronic ones like this are stable in
flash rate even when a lamp is burnt out.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564