Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default Who sells snowblowers (snow-throwers) in Michigan?

"Some Guy" wrote in message ...
Tony Hwang wrote:

Why bother? Global warming. I haven't used mine in years. I just
use leaf blower to clear my drive way, LOL!

I live in the snow belt of SW-Ontario. We get lake-effect snow in the
winter.

Sears doesn't have it?
You don't have John Deere dealer around there?

I'm looking for a 28" to 36" (wide), 2-stage blower. 7 to 12 hp.

Nobody in Ontario is selling a blower like that for less than $1100.
They aren't selling anything in the $500 to $1100 price range. All
the stuff under $500 are the wimpy single-stage blowers.

A couple years ago I was able to get a 24", 7 (or 9?) hp sears blower
(2-stage) for $800. I should be able to get a 36", 12 hp blower for
that price today...

That fact that you can't find one at $800 is a good indication that a blower
the size you want is gonna cost more. And that's been my experience.
For a blower the size you want, I think $1100 is probably a cheaply made
underpowered machine. What's wrong with a 24" 8hp blower for $800?