Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Mystery car part

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:23:15 -0700, Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi folks,

I was at the junkyard recently. I found a small electronic part which
puzzled me. I didn't bring it home, but I took a picture of it because
I was curious to know what it was. Here it is:
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/honda_part.jpg

On the reverse it said "Honda Lock Mfg Co.". I think "Lock" may just
be part of the company name, and isn't necessarily a reference to it
being part of a locking system.

Anyone know? I'm curious.

Best wishes,

Chris

I could probably come up with a dozen different things that it could be.
Most likely it's a relay that's actuated remotely from the computer,
although it could be some other sort of actuator, a sensor's signal
conditioner, or a kludge to tape over an 'oops'.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com