Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default rivet gun

Stupendous Man wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for an air rivet hammer that only strikes one
blow per trigger pull? I have used some old ones and liked them better than
a standard chatter gun.

A good rivet gun will be easy to control the hits and should have a
regulator on it to set the air flow going into the gun. Most of the
riveting I did was with a 4x gun. This is a little overkill for 3/32
rivets but I could set up to a 3/16 an470 with no problem. If you
don't hit the rivets hard enough they will get work hardened before they
are completely set which happens when you are using an undersized gun.

John