Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Clean spray foam can nozzle?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:29:37 -0000, Joe wrote:

On Oct 26, 6:04 pm, dbr wrote:
Is there a way to use only part of a can of urethane insulating foam spray, and
save the rest to use later? I find if you don't use it all right away the nozzle
and dispenser tube permanently clog.

On rare occasions I have been able to get an extra use from the spray
cans by blowing out the tubing and can outlet with compressed air. A
shot of lacquer thinner helps somewhat. Long term, though, it is
pretty much hopeless. Sure would be neat if they marketed a much
smaller sized can maybe in four packs for those many small jobs we
have to do.

Joe

They actually do sell a smaller can now. I went to buy some and they
had the regular size cans for $5 or the small (half the amount) size
ones for $4.89. Now that's a huge savings.......

Why not just include more nozzles, or even sell them separately. Even
at 25cents each they could make money on them.

The bottom line, they WANT you to waste half the can so you buy
another can......

I often wonder what those in industry use for nozzles who apply this
stuff all day every day. Many of the pre-fab homes are filled with
large amounts of foam. I know that dont come in aerosol cans, but is
applied by machine. Yet, they must have nozzle clogging too.