Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Oct 27, 1:40 am, "Gini" wrote:
wrote"Gini" wrote:
wrote in message

I have to take exception to your statement that the seller ever told
the buyer that he is doing anything to deliberately avoid Ebay fees.

==
Huh? I said that?

"
This seller is using this auction as a "sell-through" for the balance
of the
materials
normally needed to finish the project, while only paying eBay fees for
the
"limited amount"
of material offered via the auction (which is precisely what he told
the OP
during previous
communications)."

==
That does not address the statement you made above.
I never said
"the seller ever told
the buyer that he is doing anything to deliberately avoid Ebay fees."
==

The statement above that I cited sure seems to say it. It ends with
"which is precisely what he told the OP during previous
communications." And also, let me point out that the OP never said
that in the previous transaction the seller didn't include materials
normally needed to finish the project. As I asked you before, and
you refuse to answer, what exactly determines the items I must kit
together according to you or better yet Ebay? I asked if I sell
shingles, and in the course of emails, it turns out the guy asks me if
I sell nails, must I then list them on Ebay? A simple YES or NO?

== I did not provide you with "my understanding." I provided you with the
eBay
rule
on fee avoidance

Well, I must have missed that.

==
Indeed you did.

Yes, because you never did.

==
Which post was it where you provided the Ebay rule? I'd like to see where it's defined that if I sell say
a camera and then find out through emails that the guy also wants a
tripod, which I happen to have, that I have to sell it to him through
Ebay. Link please?

No link, just more BS.

==
My advice that you research eBay "Help" if you are still confused stands.
==

And if you understand the Ebay rule so well, then why can't you answer
the question about what happens if I list shingles for sale and then
find out the guy who's buying the shingles also needs felt and
nails? Must I put them through Ebay?

==
Yes.
==
............................................... and the auction specifics that violated that rule. This
isn't a gray area that you
appear to be trying to make it out to be.

Funny then that you didn't answer the question I posed about the
nails.

==
No need. You can research via eBay "Help" files. That is why they exist.

Strange that that for someone who claims to know so much, you can't
answer that simple question about whether I have to list the nails
with Ebay.

==

Now, I do agree that in the case of the new listing, if the buyer
needs 15 boxes of the shingles shown and he contacts the seller and
the answer is to supply it without going through Ebay, then that is
indeed a violation. As for saying additional colors, styles, etc are
available, contact us, I've seen that in plenty of Ebay ads. I've
also seen sellers then put up a listing specific to what that
particular buyer wants.

==
All your questions *of merit* have been answered here. See eBay "Help" to
resolve any
further confusion you may have pertaining to eBay rules. Hey. I know--ask on
alt.marketing.online.ebay. They are
real friendly folks over there who love helping newbies.
==

Maybe you should go there and get the answer to the nail question and
get back to us.