Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Oct 27, 1:09 am, "Gini" wrote:
wrote
Let's say you have a VISA with Citibank. You send $3500 to Mr X via Paypal and use the credit card. The stuff
never shows up. Citibank will tell you the charge was legitimately
submitted by Paypal and it was paid. They will not get involved with
your nasty little dispute with Mr X, because HE's NOT THEIR MERCHANT,
HE DIDN"T TAKE THE CREDIT CARD. End of story.

==
That is not correct.

Yeah, and in typical fashion, 4 words is all you could write. No
explanation to back it up required. Well Frugal checked with his
bank and that was the answer they gave him and reported in this
thread. And I've been down that exact route with Citibank over a
Paypal transaction. I knew that was going to be the answer before I
even called them.

Why on earth would you expect the credit card company to be
responsible? The transaction they engaged in with their merchant
(Paypal) was perfectly legitimate. They have nothing to do with the
fact that you told Paypal to send the money to someone the credit card
company has no contract with and could be any jerk with a Paypal
account in some 3rd world country.

If people listen to the clueless like you, they could be hurt badly.