Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Clean spray foam can nozzle?

I use a bunch of phone or network wire from pieces of cable. shoving a
length down the tube with a small loop at the end will pull the dried foam
out. Another with a small loop into the top of the can with the nozzle
removed, and a final wire threaded through the nozzle. The small loops allow
the wire to grip the foam and pull it out without the wire pulling out of
the foam. Done this so many times that I now have a number of spare nozzles
and tubes.

"DT" wrote in message
news:tbmdnULFsuFfIb_anZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
The instructions for Great Stuff used to cover this. Remember when it
first
came out and a folded booklet was inside the cap of each can, along with a
pair
of disposable gloves?

Anyway, when you are done, unscrew the parts. Dampen some flat wooden
toothpicks and shove one in each of the holes, large end first. So that's
one
toothpick into the can, and one in each end of the plastic nozzle/trigger.
The
foam will harden around the toothpicks and it just pulls right out later.

It doesn't work as well for the tube since it is too long, so I give it a
squirt of lacquer thinner or acetone when I am done. This dissolves the
sticky
foam. You can also clean the parts and can with the solvent, but if you
leave
even a little bit it will jam, so the toothpicks work better.

--
Dennis