Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Writing words in wood = pyrography?

I have never been all that impressed with wood burning, mine or
others.

Laser etching is impressive, but I know you want to do your own
thing and maybe you want to buy new tools. Here is an idea:

Stop at a local head stone company. Buy a small piece of bounce
sheet. Cut your design and writing out of the sheet. Talk it
over with the sand blaster at the headstone outfit about digging
the letters or digging the background. See what he would charge
for doing the sandblasting or buy a small harbor freight set and
compressor.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Mekon" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all.

I want to create a few presentation awards for fellow thespians
and need a way to write on the wood words along the lines of
"Presented to ...."

My penmanship has degraded further from it's sorry state pre
computers with the advent of the laser printer, so I doubt I
would be happy with burning the text freehand using the
pyrography tools I've seen.
Further, I don't need to burn the text on there as long as it
can be seen and read once hung on the wall.

Short of getting someone more skilled than I to do it or
affixing a brass plate, what are my options?

TIA

Mekon