Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Oct 26, 10:54 pm, "Gini" wrote:
wrote

On Oct 26, 10:17 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Poppin Fresh" wrote

"Gini" wrote

Good call. Fee avoidance, alright. Also, his meager 10 feedback are
all
as a buyer.
Did you report this to eBay?

No, I didn't. The OP should report it, along with full headers. This
seller would be NARU'd in a heartbeat.

==
I dunno. Ebay is pretty slow to act on this kind of thing. They say they
like to see "a pattern"
before acting. I wonder how many buyers get screwed while eBay is waiting
for the
pattern to show up.

And once again, I ask, where exactly is the fee avoidance in this?
Please be specific.

===
This seller is using this auction as a "sell-through" for the balance of the
materials
normally needed to finish the project, while only paying eBay fees for the
"limited amount"
of material offered via the auction (which is precisely what he told the OP
during previous
communications). This is apparent in the following statements
from the description:

"Additional colors and styles are available from us"
"Further contact is needed for accessories"
"This offer is for a limited amount of this particular product."- Hide quoted text -

OK, thanks for pointing out what the real beef is. If you go back to
where the big disagreement started, it was with the post Big made,
saying using Western Union as a payment option is a violation of Ebay
policy. AFAIK, it's not, stated so, and then somehow I got called
names.

I have to take exception to your statement that the seller ever told
the buyer that he is doing anything to deliberately avoid Ebay fees.
All the OP said was on a previous transaction, he wanted some
accessories and the seller added them on to the final price. We don't
know what the accessories were or how they relate to the original
product. And how do you know how this was done? If it was a buy it
now, the seller could have added the accessories to the listing and
raised the purchase price. Even if it were not done through Ebay, what
is the limit to what other items you could offer someone that were
never listed? Suppose he listed shingles for sale and in the course
of discussion with the buyer, learned the buyer also wants felt and
roofing nails? In your understanding of Ebay rules is he then
required to list the nails and felt and sell them through Ebay?

Now, I do agree that in the case of the new listing, if the buyer
needs 15 boxes of the shingles shown and he contacts the seller and
the answer is to supply it without going through Ebay, then that is
indeed a violation. As for saying additional colors, styles, etc are
available, contact us, I've seen that in plenty of Ebay ads. I've
also seen sellers then put up a listing specific to what that
particular buyer wants. What do you think this seller should do to
make the listing right?