Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Oct 26, 11:57 am, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:
h wrote:

Your best option is a credit card, either directly or through PayPal. eBay
expressly prohibits Western Union transactions. If you bought something
through eBay the seller CANNOT require WU. Report him to eBay and use PayPal
to complete the transaction. Didn't we already tell you this in a previous
thread?

Yep.

He's unwillng to listen to anything other than the voices in his head.

I filtered him after his post about not ever responding
to the manufacturer / distributor wo contacted him
because he "assumed" that the mfg. / distr. would somehow screw him.

He's a waste of electrons.

Geez, can't anyone get the facts right here?

It was never stated that the seller REQUIRED payment via Western
Union. It was only said that for IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT the seller wanted
payment via Western Union or Bank Draft. It was also stated he would
take any other form of payment where the money winds up cleared in his
bank account BEFORE he shipped. So, he'd clearly take a check and
wait for it to clear

So, again, please show me where any of that, including offering
Western Union as a payment option is a violation of Ebay policy by the
seller. I'm sure you can find something where Ebay recommends
using Paypal instead of Western Union. Gee, you think maybe that's
because they own Paypal? But please show me where they say a seller
can't accept Western Union as a payment option.

If you can't then be decent enough to retract your slam.