Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Beeping from attic

On Oct 26, 9:55?pm, aemeijers wrote:
Tony wrote:
On 25 Jul 2006 12:39:48 -0700, "yaofeng"
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
who knows maybe a previous resident left gold bars up there?

cant hurt to take a look? and dream

Let's be realistic. Only thing I ever found in the attic was a big box of
20 and 50 dollar bills. No gold at all.
Let's be even more realistic. Only thing I ever found in the attic was
a puff of hot air in my face as i climb up during summer, and chills
down my spline in winter. Nothing else.

Only thing that can get up into my attic is a small child maybe.

No way an adult would be able to get up there.

If I ever sell my house, they get whatever's up there sight unseen.

-T-

Chuckle. When I sold my grandparent's house, which we had been using as
a rental after my grandmother passed away, I told the people I was
showing it to that the stacks of Life magazines in ass end of shallow
attic, and the chest freezer in basement (that I had damn near killed
myself putting down there when my mother moved in to take care of
grandmother in her final years) went with the place. As far as I know,
both are still right where I left them.

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

I know someone who bought a home and found 25 thousand buried in
insulation during a later repair, after a roof leak.

the cash paid for a new roof, they didnt report it to the IRS since
that would of made it taxable.

the previous owners family was all dead, so no one to inherit the
money. their purchase money went to pay taxes and to the state since
the previous owner left no will.

so start looking you never know!