Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Pine trees

On Oct 26, 3:44 pm, terry wrote:
On Oct 26, 7:15 pm, "Charlie Bress" wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message

.. .

I just had a large pine cut down because it was struck by lightning.
The guy that took it down said that he has to pay to dump the pine
because no one will take the pine wood.

I would think you could take it to a paper plant. Anyone know for
sure?

A lot of mills will not accept "back yard" trees because of the danger of
embedded nails, etc.
Their saws are too expensive to take a chance.

Find somebody with a fireplace who is willing to cut it up an drag it home.

Charlie

Wish I was close I'd take it for my wood stove!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

Amazing. A whole thread about pine and not one person (I was going to
say idiot but want to stay polite) didn't make the mandatory "don't
burn pine, you'll burn your house down" post. We have all seen them,
the posters who have never heated with _any_ wood and never knew
anyone who had.

Harry K