Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default A Plagiarized turner's lament. "I'm sick & tired of being copied".

On Oct 26, 1:22 pm, (Arch) wrote:

Among woodturners these days there's a lot of wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth about stealing ideas from mother nature, antiquity and each other.

This seems to crop up now and again, and this subject has been burning
down the house over at WoodCentral. I was reading it before I came
back over here and apparently Ellis has decided to delete some of the
the threads.

As always, some are so proud of their own highly held personal
opinions they are astonished when someone challeges or disagrees. So
lots of hurt feelings, defensive postings, and ****ed off people.

Pretty benign stuff, really. I raised the idea of what it would be
like to start that thread up on an unmoderated venue (here) and see
how folks respond when they don't have to behave. No takers. We all
know how fast things get out of hand here sometimes, but those folks
like the safety of those closely moderated venues.

Lightweights! ;^)

Robert