Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For asshole trader4

On Oct 26, 8:31 pm, "Poppin Fresh" wrote:
wrote

Did you even bother to look at those links before you posted them?
Both those links cover avoiding paying Ebay fees. What does any of
that have to do with what is being discussed here which is the claim
that a seller requesting cash payment, wire transfer, WU, cashier's
check, etc before shipping or else waiting for their check to clear is
violating Ebay rules and should be reported. Reported? For what?

You never bothered to read the OP, otherwise you wouldn't post such an
assinine reply.

Here's part of it.

"I have already gone through the bidding process w/ him once before and
the seller added the price for accessories to the final eBay purchase
price and then demanded WU/bank draft for the entire purchase to
proceed w/ shipping. Credit cards not accepted. Any other mode of
payment is fine for as long as the money is in his bank before him
shipping the product."

You ever even do an Ebay transaction?

Yea, I've done 1 or 2. That's more than you.

You wouldn't have to resort to vulgarity if you could follow a thread
and learn how to communicate. Let's put this in context. I replied
to Big's post, which stated:

"Walk away from deal. If seller won't accept CC and requires Western
Union in violation of ebays rules just walk away. Youre asking for
trouble."

To which I replied:

"I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable. "

And then you posted links about circumventing fees? So, we're
supposed to be mind readers? All you had to do was simply say that
you think the seller tried to avoid Ebay fees in the previous
transaction by adding on the accessories to the final Ebay purchase
price. And you don't even know he avoided any Ebay fees. For
example, it could have been a buy it now, and all the seller did was
change the buy it now price and listing to include the accessories.

It's sad that instead of adding to a rational discussion, you want to
hurl obscenities over nothing.