Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

an eBay seller (Code, Camey & Assoc., codecamey.com) listed the
following item on eBay:

if this product is purchased for an average size roof, one needs to
order around 30 boxes (~ $3,300). PayPal covers only $200 of this
purchase.

To install this product, the purchaser also needs matching accessories
(valleys, ridges, gables, clips,..) which the seller also supplies -
off-line: (Further contact is needed for accessories and freight
estimates....).

I have already gone through the bidding process w/ him once before and
the seller added the price for accessories to the final eBay purchase
price and then demanded WU/bank draft for the entire purchase to
proceed w/ shipping. Credit cards not accepted. Any other mode of
payment is fine for as long as the money is in his bank before him
shipping the product.

Even though it is possible to get matching accessories from another
source, it is a good practice to get all as one package to avoid color
mismatch and extra shipping costs.

Being risk-averse, I wonder if it is possible to complete this
transaction with minimal risk in case this seller is unscrupulous.
An acceptable risk would be to pay with a credit card, examine the
goods for quantity and defects once received and should the shipment
not match the order, being able to dispute (successfully) and reverse
the charge. Getting $200 back from paypal and forfeiting $3100 wont
work for me.

Any ideas how to go about this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:24:11 -0400, h wrote:

Your best option is a credit card, either directly or through PayPal. eBay
expressly prohibits Western Union transactions. If you bought something
through eBay the seller CANNOT require WU. Report him to eBay and use PayPal
to complete the transaction. Didn't we already tell you this in a previous
thread?

- yes, you did.
However, your "best option" doesnt work for the seller:
a) doesnt accept CC
b) paypal covers $200 of the total purchase
c) eBay doesnt care what happens outside the bidding theater

Also, previous thread dealt mainly with steel shingles and those users
who dont care for steel shingles, wouldnt read it; thus, not comment
as to what the "best option" is and how to handle the eBay purchase.
Perhaps there are other users who are more eBay savvy than those who
commented on steel shingles. And those are the ones I am addressing
w/ my question.

This thread deals directly with the mechanics of a specific purchase
and its parameters. This thread (question) is not theoretical or
general in nature as to what the ideal option is. It is about a
solution to a specifically tabled problem. For example, I had offered
a partial payment and the balance once I received the goods. The
seller didnt accept. What other options are open to me? Other than
the one I have chosen so far - not to purchase from him?
Posted to alt.home.repair

h wrote:

Your best option is a credit card, either directly or through PayPal. eBay
expressly prohibits Western Union transactions. If you bought something
through eBay the seller CANNOT require WU. Report him to eBay and use PayPal
to complete the transaction. Didn't we already tell you this in a previous
thread?

Yep.

He's unwillng to listen to anything other than the voices in his head.

I filtered him after his post about not ever responding
to the manufacturer / distributor wo contacted him
because he "assumed" that the mfg. / distr. would somehow screw him.

He's a waste of electrons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:57:47 -0700, jJim McLaughlin
wrote:

I filtered him after his post about not ever responding
to the manufacturer / distributor wo contacted him
because he "assumed" that the mfg. / distr. would somehow screw him.

- incorrect ! I had clearly written that it was mainly a financial
decision since the mfg, a friend of yours btw, sells aluminum, more
expensive, shingles. His product sells for $190/SQ. Payment up
front. No guarantees (except yours; and who are you?) the shipment
will arrive. Comparable steel shingles sell for $110-$135/SQ. You do
the math..

And make no mistake, nobody is asking you to waste electrons if this
is all you have to offer. you are not the only one here. There's
thousands of others contributing and asking for advice in this forum.
You are here just to pick a fight w/ others if things dont go your way
since you're the self-appointed cop of this group....?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:09:20 -0400, h wrote:

Ok, ONE MORE TIME. Use a credit card with PayPal. If you don't receive the
merchandise your CREDIT CARD ISSUER will refund your money. PayPal's $200
limit is irrelevant. Your best bet is ALWAYS to use a credit card for any
purchase, whether it is directly with the merchant or through PayPal. How
many times do we have to tell you this? Sheesh.

And OK, ONE MORE TIME. I told in the previous thread that I took your
advice to my bank manager and she told me, in no uncertain terms, that
I am on my own and her bank will not reverse the charge because it is
in paypal's disclaimer w/ credit card issuers as to what amount they
guarantee for each transaction.
Who am I going to believe? You or my bank? are you going to be there
when I am out $3100 and say sorry, I was wrong? here's the money
you're out? If you are ready to guarantee with your own money how my
bank will deal w/ paypal, then I am ready to purchase the product on
eBay as per your instructions. Are you up to it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 9:00 am, Frugal Farmer
wrote:
[...]

My wife is an ebayer, and her rule of thumb is that if they don't
accept paypal or CC's don't use them. She has had problems with
sellers but because she only uses paypal they have been easily solved.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Oct, 11:00, Frugal Farmer
wrote:
[...]

Just some thoughts....

According to you, the rules set up by the seller a "Any other mode
of payment is fine for as long as the money is in his bank before him
shipping the product."

Then you wonder aloud "if it is possible to complete this transaction
with minimal risk in case this seller is unscrupulous."

It seems to me that the answer is pretty obvious - No.

If the guy is not going to ship until he has cash (or its equivalent)
in hand, you'll never get the product until you pay him, in full,
using a payment vehicle that gives him full control of the funds. It
doesn't get any riskier than that.

If those are indeed the rules, you have 2 options: Buy from him and
hope he's honest or move on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:24:11 -0400, h wrote Re Tricky eBay
Transaction:

Being risk-averse, I wonder if it is possible to complete this
transaction with minimal risk in case this seller is unscrupulous.

No, it is not possible.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 26 Oct, 11:00, Frugal Farmer
wrote:
[...]

In all fairness, when it comes to eBay, nothing is fair. I wouldn't buy
this type of product for this amount of money from eBay. I think you are an
idiot for even trying.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:09:54 -0700, runsrealfast
wrote:

My wife is an ebayer, and her rule of thumb is that if they don't
accept paypal or CC's don't use them. She has had problems with
sellers but because she only uses paypal they have been easily solved.

...just got off the phone w/ visa customer rep. Paypal is just a
'middleman'. If paypal transaction is covered by a certain amount
(i.e. $200 - link at top), it means the seller put up $200 as his
collateral. Nothing else.

Now, let's say transaction worth $3000 goes through. The merchandise
is disputed a few days later. Since the seller most likely already
transferred (spent) the $2800 he/she received, paypal can only yank
the original $200 from the seller's account, not the disputed $3000.
Paypal, as a middleman, is just making sure they dont end up on the
hook for uncovered portions of transactions initiated by unscrupulous
sellers.

and that goes to show the quality of advice you get here from the
likes of Jim McLaughlin and Anonymous.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:

My wife is an ebayer, and her rule of thumb is that if they don't
accept paypal or CC's don't use them. She has had problems with
sellers but because she only uses paypal they have been easily solved.

..just got off the phone w/ visa customer rep. Paypal is just a
'middleman'. If paypal transaction is covered by a certain amount
(i.e. $200 - link at top), it means the seller put up $200 as his
collateral. Nothing else.

But, the Consumer Credit Protection Act trumps PayPal. PayPal may only
cover $200 out of their pocket, but if you use a CREDIT CARD (not draft
card), and protest the payment the card issuer is on the hook. It
depends again, as someone else has pointed out, whether you're talking
credit of debit as to what the rules are; therefore the advice from VISA
may or may not be appropriate.

But, as someone else already noted, if you're uncomfortable with the
transaction, your choice is to either bite you tongue and go through
with it or not -- the seller doesn't have to change his published
business practice, eBay or not, to cater to you. If he is in violation
of eBay policy, then you can take that up w/ eBay, but even if he
changes that doesn't mean he has to accept a credit card, PayPal or no.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Comments inserted. BTW, there's nothing tricky about this potential
transaction.

"Frugal Farmer" wrote in message

an eBay seller (Code, Camey & Assoc., codecamey.com) listed the
following item on eBay:

if this product is purchased for an average size roof, one needs to
order around 30 boxes (~ $3,300). PayPal covers only $200 of this
purchase.

Then, tell the seller to run a "Dutch" auction.

I have already gone through the bidding process w/ him once before and
the seller added the price for accessories to the final eBay purchase
price and then demanded WU/bank draft for the entire purchase to
proceed w/ shipping. Credit cards not accepted. Any other mode of
payment is fine for as long as the money is in his bank before him
shipping the product.

You should've sent eBay a copy of this along with full headers. You
wouldn't be worrying about trying to deal with this seller which is
undoubtly trying to circumvent fees. They would be NARU'ed by now. They
also are not allowed to display the Paypal logo, without accepting it.

Any ideas how to go about this?

Yes, get a clue b/4 trying to make a big purchase on eBay. Try getting some
eBay experience buying smaller items, b/4 jumping in over your idiotic
head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walk away from deal. If seller won't accept CC and requires Western
Union in violation of ebays rules just walk away. Youre asking for
trouble. Are you telling us you cannot get shingles from a dealer
near by. I'd pay a bit more rather than get ripped for $3k.

On Oct 26, 11:56 am, Frugal Farmer
wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, h wrote:
But, the Consumer Credit Protection Act trumps PayPal. PayPal may only
cover $200 out of their pocket, but if you use a CREDIT CARD (not draft
card), and protest the payment the card issuer is on the hook. It depends
again, as someone else has pointed out, whether you're talking credit of
debit as to what the rules are; therefore the advice from VISA may or may
not be appropriate.

The OP seems to think that the credit card company will ONLY refund money if
it can recover the funds. Not true. I had my credit card "skimmed" and the
entire set of fraudulent charges (over $15,000 in 7 hours!) were reversed
immediately. As a merchant I accepted a card which had been skimmed and the
real card holder initiated a chargeback which was reversed because the
signatures matched and the card was approved when scanned. The real credit
card holder got his money back, I got my money back, and the card issuer ate
the charges. In the event of a non-in-person sale the seller must prove that
the buyer received the merchandise (signature on the delivery slip) or the
buyer gets a refund.

-- The OP just doesn't get it.

Or doesn't want to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Yea, don't do it. This is a no-brainer. Go and buy roofing supplies from
your local lumberyard!!
I would never buy stuff like that on ebay. You are just asking to get
hosed!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 1:59 pm, h wrote:
[...]

Your credit card is issued by a local bank? Doubt it. You're most likely
talking to your "bank manager" about your debit card, which has a MC/V logo
on it. Debit cards are a disaster waiting to happen, in that the bank never,
ever, has to give you any money bank, since it's money from your checking
account.

PayPal is a third-party vendor, and they do not control the terms of your
credit card. If you really do have a true "credit card" issued by a local
bank which does NOT honor the MC/V guarantees, then you should switch cards.
The PayPal $200.00 guarantee is designed to protect people using a bank
account to fund the transaction, NOT a credit card.

LAST TIME. As a merchant, I know that no matter the method, if the client
doesn't receive something they bought using a credit card, they don't pay
for it. Period.

Yes. that's right. And who's the merchant in this case? Paypal,
because they are the merchant registered with the credit card
companies and are in the business of accepting the money via credit
card and then forwarding the money on to someone, just as instructed
by the card holder. And that is where it ends. The transaction
where MC/VISA paid Paypal was legitimate and authorized. Paypal then
sent the money where it was supposed to go. End of story. The
credit card company is not going to reverse the charge or get involved
in the dispute. You think if you use a credit card through Paypal
to send $3000 to some Joe Schmoe unknown party, that Citibank is going
to make good because the guy took your money and never sent anything?
If they did that, the doors to fraud would be wide open, because just
about anyone can open up a Paypal account.

Since you're clearly so afraid of this transaction you shouldn't go through
with it. It's probably best that you never buy anything online.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:24:11 -0400, h wrote:

Your best option is a credit card, either directly or through PayPal. eBay
expressly prohibits Western Union transactions. If you bought something
through eBay the seller CANNOT require WU. Report him to eBay and use PayPal
to complete the transaction. Didn't we already tell you this in a previous
thread?

I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 5:03 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, h wrote:

[...]

Or doesn't want to.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry guys, but it is you guys who think the credit card company is
going to cover him that are wrong. The credit card companies will
cover fraud if it's conducted by a fraudulent transaction, the goods
are never sent, etc. If the SELLER took his credit card as payment
and never shipped, they would reverse it, investigate, and ultimately
he'd get his money back.

But that is not the case here. Who's the "merchant" that has the
contractual agreement with the credit card company? PAYPAL
Paypal was asked to charge his credit card and then send the money to
whoever the card holder asked it be sent to. That is exactly what
they did. The credit card transaction with Paypal was legitimate and
that is where the coverage by the credit card companies end. They
will not cover it. End of story.

Now Paypal and Ebay will certainly investigate if the guy never ships,
and finally close his accounts, but that isn't going to get your $3000
back.

Think about what you're proposing. If the credit card companies were
to refund money for every credit card transaction where Paypal or
Western Union sends money to some unknown Joe Scmoe in Pakistan, they
would open the doors to fraud.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:03:39 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, h wrote:

-- The OP just doesn't get it.

Or doesn't want to.

Every forum has trolls giving useless advice and irrelevant answers
yet belittle others to boost their own miserable self-esteem and
worth. This group is no exception.

This is a simple Q & A, what is so difficult about it?

Pay attention!

Q:
"I wonder if it is possible to complete this transaction with minimal
risk in case this seller is unscrupulous."

A:
i) seller issues an itemized invoice (product description, qty, part
#,...)
ii) purchaser notifies CC issuer of impending transaction, forwards
invoice to CC cust. serv. & gets authoriz'n
iii) CC iss'r notifies PayPal of transaction in progress
iv) payPal confirms trans'n, notifies seller, flags the trans'n &
holds funds
v) seller ships
vi) product lands
vii)
if (product = invoice) then
purchaser accepts
paypal remits funds in full to seller
elseif (product not= invoice) then
purchaser not accept
product shipped back @ seller's expense
CC charge reversed
elsif (product = invoice) & (purchaser = buyer's remorse)
product shipped back @ purchaser's expense
CC charge reversed minus shipping
endif

Those who said the answer is not to pay upfront or walk away get
partial marks for being partially correct. All others get an 'F' for
not answering the question or being just plain wrong. Good bye.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable.

Wrong. If you're an eBayer, you better brush up on rules the rules on
circumventing fees.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...umventing.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 8:13 pm, "Poppin Fresh" wrote:
wrote

I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable.

Wrong. If you're an eBayer, you better brush up on rules the rules on
circumventing fees.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...umventing.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Did you even bother to look at those links before you posted them?
Both those links cover avoiding paying Ebay fees. What does any of
that have to do with what is being discussed here which is the claim
that a seller requesting cash payment, wire transfer, WU, cashier's
check, etc before shipping or else waiting for their check to clear is
violating Ebay rules and should be reported. Reported? For what?

You ever even do an Ebay transaction?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

Yes. that's right. And who's the merchant in this case? Paypal,
because they are the merchant registered with the credit card
companies and are in the business of accepting the money via credit
card and then forwarding the money on to someone, just as instructed
by the card holder. And that is where it ends. The transaction
where MC/VISA paid Paypal was legitimate and authorized. Paypal then
sent the money where it was supposed to go. End of story. The
credit card company is not going to reverse the charge or get involved
in the dispute. You think if you use a credit card through Paypal
to send $3000 to some Joe Schmoe unknown party, that Citibank is going
to make good because the guy took your money and never sent anything?
If they did that, the doors to fraud would be wide open, because just
about anyone can open up a Paypal account.

You don't have a clue about Paypal. Paypal will cover "x" amount, _IF_ the
purchase was made through a legitimate purchase through eBay. eBay owns
Paypal.

To open a Paypal account, you need a credit card and/or bank account. You
can't have credit through Paypal. It appears by your answer, you think
Paypal is it's own bank/credit union or something.

The only end of story in your writing is, you don't have a clue about it.

The doors to fraud are wide open, did you just wake up Rumplestiltskin?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

Did you even bother to look at those links before you posted them?
Both those links cover avoiding paying Ebay fees. What does any of
that have to do with what is being discussed here which is the claim
that a seller requesting cash payment, wire transfer, WU, cashier's
check, etc before shipping or else waiting for their check to clear is
violating Ebay rules and should be reported. Reported? For what?

You ever even do an Ebay transaction?

Hey bonehead, check the subject line b/4 opening your mouth and inserting
feet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For asshole trader4

wrote

Did you even bother to look at those links before you posted them?
Both those links cover avoiding paying Ebay fees. What does any of
that have to do with what is being discussed here which is the claim
that a seller requesting cash payment, wire transfer, WU, cashier's
check, etc before shipping or else waiting for their check to clear is
violating Ebay rules and should be reported. Reported? For what?

You never bothered to read the OP, otherwise you wouldn't post such an
assinine reply.

Here's part of it.

"I have already gone through the bidding process w/ him once before and
the seller added the price for accessories to the final eBay purchase
price and then demanded WU/bank draft for the entire purchase to
proceed w/ shipping. Credit cards not accepted. Any other mode of
payment is fine for as long as the money is in his bank before him
shipping the product."

You ever even do an Ebay transaction?

Yea, I've done 1 or 2. That's more than you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, h wrote:

-- The OP just doesn't get it.

Or doesn't want to.

Every forum has trolls giving useless advice and irrelevant answers
yet belittle others to boost their own miserable self-esteem and
worth. This group is no exception.

This is a simple Q & A, what is so difficult about it?

Pay attention!

Q:
"I wonder if it is possible to complete this transaction with minimal
risk in case this seller is unscrupulous."

A:
i) seller issues an itemized invoice (product description, qty, part
#,...)
ii) purchaser notifies CC issuer of impending transaction, forwards
invoice to CC cust. serv. & gets authoriz'n

Now this is pretty ass backwards to begin with. Since when does a
purchaser call up the credit card company and forward an invoice to
them? They'd laugh at you. And why would the credit card company
want to look at an invoice from a company THAT DOES NOT TAKE CREDIT
CARDS?

iii) CC iss'r notifies PayPal of transaction in progress

No, Paypal just submits your credit card info to the credit card
company when you tell them to charge X dollars on your credit card and
send it to . It's approved/disapproved in a few secs.

iv) payPal confirms trans'n, notifies seller, flags the trans'n &
holds funds
v) seller ships
vi) product lands
vii)
if (product = invoice) then
purchaser accepts
paypal remits funds in full to seller
elseif (product not= invoice) then
purchaser not accept
product shipped back @ seller's expense
CC charge reversed
elsif (product = invoice) & (purchaser = buyer's remorse)
product shipped back @ purchaser's expense
CC charge reversed minus shipping
endif

Those who said the answer is not to pay upfront or walk away get
partial marks for being partially correct. All others get an 'F' for
not answering the question or being just plain wrong. Good bye.

You get an even bigger F. Paypal is pretty much an electronic
service, it's not like they have hundreds of people around to hand
hold invoices and get mixed up in all this crap. They do electronic
transactions through a server. What you are proposing, is essentially
an escrow service, which AFAIK, Paypal does not provide. If they do,
I'd like to see a reference.

Now there are escrow services the guy could use in conjuction with an
Ebay purchase. But that involves figuring out how you do that,
which service is not a fraud, and also assumes the seller will agree
to it. Most won't because it complicates the process and they don;'t
get paid quickly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 8:31 pm, "Poppin Fresh" wrote:
wrote

[...]

You wouldn't have to resort to vulgarity if you could follow a thread
and learn how to communicate. Let's put this in context. I replied
to Big's post, which stated:

"Walk away from deal. If seller won't accept CC and requires Western
Union in violation of ebays rules just walk away. Youre asking for
trouble."

To which I replied:

"I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable. "

And then you posted links about circumventing fees? So, we're
supposed to be mind readers? All you had to do was simply say that
you think the seller tried to avoid Ebay fees in the previous
transaction by adding on the accessories to the final Ebay purchase
price. And you don't even know he avoided any Ebay fees. For
example, it could have been a buy it now, and all the seller did was
change the buy it now price and listing to include the accessories.

It's sad that instead of adding to a rational discussion, you want to
hurl obscenities over nothing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Poppin Fresh" wrote in message

wrote
I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable.

Wrong. If you're an eBayer, you better brush up on rules the rules on
circumventing fees.

==
Good call. Fee avoidance, alright. Also, his meager 10 feedback are all as a
buyer.
Did you report this to eBay?
==

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...umventing.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

And then you posted links about circumventing fees? So, we're
supposed to be mind readers? All you had to do was simply say that
you think the seller tried to avoid Ebay fees in the previous
transaction by adding on the accessories to the final Ebay purchase
price. And you don't even know he avoided any Ebay fees. For
example, it could have been a buy it now, and all the seller did was
change the buy it now price and listing to include the accessories.

It's sad that instead of adding to a rational discussion, you want to
hurl obscenities over nothing.

Try to keep up! I replied to your nonsense of :

wrote: "I'd like to see where it says in the Ebay
rules that what the seller
is doing is a violation. He said the buyer wanted either Western
Union or bank draft for immediate shipment. If a regular check or
similar is used, the seller will ship after it clears. There is
nothing in any of that which violates Ebay rules and it sounds
perfectly reasonable."

You wanted to see where it violated eBay rules, and I clearly showed you.
You then whined:
"Did you even bother to look at those links before you posted them?
Both those links cover avoiding paying Ebay fees. What does any of
that have to do with what is being discussed here which is the claim
that a seller requesting cash payment, wire transfer, WU, cashier's
check, etc before shipping or else waiting for their check to clear is
violating Ebay rules and should be reported. Reported? For what?"

No one expects you to read minds, but _DO_ read the thread, especially what
you wrote! The person avoided eBay fees by offering sales outside eBay,
through his listing and contact. Exactly what are you missing? The OP
_clearly_ stated this, and I copied/pasted it, and you still don't get it.

It's no wonder more people than me call you an asshole. You attempt to
insult me, by asking if I've ever done an eBay transaction, when I clearly
know more about eBay than you ever will. When the insult doesn't work, you
whine about a rational discussion. Go figure!

You're quickly becoming the villiage idiot in news:alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gini" wrote

Good call. Fee avoidance, alright. Also, his meager 10 feedback are all
as a buyer.
Did you report this to eBay?

No, I didn't. The OP should report it, along with full headers. This seller
would be NARU'd in a heartbeat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 9:23 pm, "Poppin Fresh" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

Are you trying to just completely obfuscate here? This latest
response sure looks like it. I'll ask it again. Are you saying
that any of the above is a violation of Ebay rules? Is asking for WU
or bank draft for immediate shipment a violation? Is holding
shipment unitl a check clears a violation

You then whined:
"Did you even bother to look at those links before you posted them?
Both those links cover avoiding paying Ebay fees. What does any of
that have to do with what is being discussed here which is the claim
that a seller requesting cash payment, wire transfer, WU, cashier's
check, etc before shipping or else waiting for their check to clear is
violating Ebay rules and should be reported. Reported? For what?"

No one expects you to read minds, but _DO_ read the thread, especially what
you wrote! The person avoided eBay fees by offering sales outside eBay,
through his listing and contact. Exactly what are you missing? The OP
_clearly_ stated this, and I copied/pasted it, and you still don't get it.

You only copied it and made it clear what you were referring to after
you started using vulgarities. In fact, just with the reply just
above where you again posted what looks like another claim that asking
for WU or bank draft, etc is some violation of Ebay rules.

And I'd like to see where in the Ebay rules, it's a violation to offer
sales of items OTHER THAN WHAT WAS LISTED to a buyer outside of
Ebay. Once I list something and someone buys it, must I then only
sell OTHER items to that person through Ebay? Suppose I have my own
online store and sometimes also list some items on Ebay. Must I
refuse to deal with anyone who's bought from me on Ebay that comes to
the online store, or walks into a physical store, or places a phone
order? Of course not.

There is no mention from the OP that the accessories which were added
to the previous sale, were ever listed on Ebay by the seller. As I
see it, offering the buyer additional items could have been done
outside Ebay and not violated any rule. If it is a violation, I'd
like to see where it says that on Ebay policies. Or, as i pointed out
earlier, if it was a buy it now, the seller could also have added the
additional accessories to the listing, changed the price and concluded
the sale that way. The bottom line, you don't know what went on
here and there very likely was no violation of any Ebay policy.

It's no wonder more people than me call you an asshole. You attempt to
insult me, by asking if I've ever done an eBay transaction, when I clearly
know more about eBay than you ever will. When the insult doesn't work, you
whine about a rational discussion. Go figure!

You continue to impress all here with your brilliance and
vulgarity. And yes, I'm still wondering how many Ebay transactions
you've done, because you can't follow a thread and make comments clear
in context and jump to wild conclusions that a seller is violating
Ebay policy, when you don't even know the details of exactly what went
on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Poppin Fresh" wrote

"Gini" wrote

Good call. Fee avoidance, alright. Also, his meager 10 feedback are all
as a buyer.
Did you report this to eBay?

No, I didn't. The OP should report it, along with full headers. This
seller would be NARU'd in a heartbeat.

==
I dunno. Ebay is pretty slow to act on this kind of thing. They say they
like to see "a pattern"
before acting. I wonder how many buyers get screwed while eBay is waiting
for the
pattern to show up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 10:17 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Poppin Fresh" wrote

"Gini" wrote

Good call. Fee avoidance, alright. Also, his meager 10 feedback are all
as a buyer.
Did you report this to eBay?

No, I didn't. The OP should report it, along with full headers. This
seller would be NARU'd in a heartbeat.

==
I dunno. Ebay is pretty slow to act on this kind of thing. They say they
like to see "a pattern"
before acting. I wonder how many buyers get screwed while eBay is waiting
for the
pattern to show up.

And once again, I ask, where exactly is the fee avoidance in this?
Please be specific.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

And I'd like to see where in the Ebay rules, it's a violation to offer
sales of items OTHER THAN WHAT WAS LISTED to a buyer outside of
Ebay. Once I list something and someone buys it, must I then only
sell OTHER items to that person through Ebay? Suppose I have my own
online store and sometimes also list some items on Ebay. Must I
refuse to deal with anyone who's bought from me on Ebay that comes to
the online store, or walks into a physical store, or places a phone
order? Of course not.

You're avoiding what was written. Quit writing something else into it. The
seller responded in writing. Again, what exactly can't you comprehend about
any of this? I'm not going to copy and paste again, if you can't comprehend
at least once, out of being posted twice, you will never get.

There is no mention from the OP that the accessories which were added
to the previous sale, were ever listed on Ebay by the seller. As I
see it, offering the buyer additional items could have been done
outside Ebay and not violated any rule. If it is a violation, I'd
like to see where it says that on Ebay policies. Or, as i pointed out
earlier, if it was a buy it now, the seller could also have added the
additional accessories to the listing, changed the price and concluded
the sale that way. The bottom line, you don't know what went on
here and there very likely was no violation of any Ebay policy.

Read what was written, it's under you nose. Don't read anything into it,
and don't leave anything out. As you see it? You avoid the facts, that is
clearly your problem. Why is it, gini see's it, and you are just DUH?

You continue to impress all here with your brilliance and
vulgarity. And yes, I'm still wondering how many Ebay transactions
you've done, because you can't follow a thread and make comments clear
in context and jump to wild conclusions that a seller is violating
Ebay policy, when you don't even know the details of exactly what went
on.

Keep wondering, maybe you can even do a little math. I've been an eBayer
since 1998, I do over a measly 100 transactions a month, and I do hold one
of those silly status symbols, which I don't display. And, my selling
rating is a measly 99.8%, retalitory negatives by non-paying bidders are
almost always a given. Sounds like you would be one of those type.

LMAO, wild conclusions. You don't read what was posted, and I'm jumping to
conclusions. LOL, if nothing else, you're hoot to laugh at.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 10:22 pm, "Poppin Fresh" wrote:
wrote

[...]

I've asked you now several times to explain exactly what the seller
did that violated Ebay policy? And you just refuse to address it,
instead using vulgarity. A few concise sentences would suffice.
Please spell it out for us. Was it:

a - Asking for Western Union as possible payment for immediate
shipment

b - Asking for a bank draft for immediate shipment

c- Not agreeing to ship until a personal check or similar had cleared?

d - In discussions he had with buyer about the listed item, offering
to sell additional items that were never listed and then selling those
without Ebay getting fees?

Most of your posts, including the first one which started this, make
it appear that you think it's a,b, or c. And if it's not one of the
above, then just spell it out specifically for us, instead of name
calling and vulgarity.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

[...]

Yeah, don't!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
On Oct 26, 10:17 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Poppin Fresh" wrote

"Gini" wrote

Good call. Fee avoidance, alright. Also, his meager 10 feedback are
all
as a buyer.
Did you report this to eBay?

No, I didn't. The OP should report it, along with full headers. This
seller would be NARU'd in a heartbeat.

==
I dunno. Ebay is pretty slow to act on this kind of thing. They say they
like to see "a pattern"
before acting. I wonder how many buyers get screwed while eBay is waiting
for the
pattern to show up.

And once again, I ask, where exactly is the fee avoidance in this?
Please be specific.

===
This seller is using this auction as a "sell-through" for the balance of the
materials
normally needed to finish the project, while only paying eBay fees for the
"limited amount"
of material offered via the auction (which is precisely what he told the OP
during previous
communications). This is apparent in the following statements
from the description:

"Additional colors and styles are available from us"
"Further contact is needed for accessories"
"This offer is for a limited amount of this particular product."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

There is no mention from the OP that the accessories which were added
to the previous sale, were ever listed on Ebay by the seller. As I
see it, offering the buyer additional items could have been done
outside Ebay and not violated any rule. If it is a violation, I'd
like to see where it says that on Ebay policies.

====================
Scroll to the bottom of the said auction page and click on "Report this
item," then
highlight the following in order:
1. Listing policy violations
2. Circumvention of eBay fees.
3. Additional purchase offered or required as part of the transaction
====

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I've asked you now several times to explain exactly what the seller
did that violated Ebay policy? And you just refuse to address it,
instead using vulgarity. A few concise sentences would suffice.
Please spell it out for us. Was it:

a - Asking for Western Union as possible payment for immediate
shipment

b - Asking for a bank draft for immediate shipment

c- Not agreeing to ship until a personal check or similar had cleared?

d - In discussions he had with buyer about the listed item, offering
to sell additional items that were never listed and then selling those
without Ebay getting fees?

Most of your posts, including the first one which started this, make
it appear that you think it's a,b, or c. And if it's not one of the
above, then just spell it out specifically for us, instead of name
calling and vulgarity.

Are you really this dense? I gave fee avoidance links, and you print this,
that I think it's your a/b/c? You don't even have a clue what fee
circumvention is.

You really can't comprehend. I'm not going to ask what you don't
comprehend, you have just confirmed you can't.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:49 pm, h wrote:

-- The OP just doesn't get it.

Or doesn't want to.

Every forum has trolls giving useless advice and irrelevant answers
yet belittle others to boost their own miserable self-esteem and
worth. This group is no exception.

This is a simple Q & A, what is so difficult about it?

Pay attention!

Q:
"I wonder if it is possible to complete this transaction with minimal
risk in case this seller is unscrupulous."

A:
[...]

I think there is a bug in your code, based on this line from the OP:

(the seller) "then demanded WU/bank draft for the entire purchase to
proceed w/ shipping"

Specifically, I think these lines are in error:

iv) payPal confirms trans'n, notifies seller, flags the trans'n &
holds funds
v) seller ships

Somewhere in your code, you need this line:

if (not seller has funds) then
not seller ships

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 10:48 pm, wrote:
[...]

calling and vulgarity.- Hide quoted text -

dude, ole' poppin opened a can of whoop ass on you. just accept the
beating. BTW, can I have some of whatever you're smoking? dude, you're
really out there, it must be pretty groovy.