Posted to alt.home.repair
samurai samurai is offline

Default Pine trees

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:08:34 -0400, George
wrote:

Terry wrote:
I just had a large pine cut down because it was struck by lightning.
The guy that took it down said that he has to pay to dump the pine
because no one will take the pine wood.

I would think you could take it to a paper plant. Anyone know for
sure?

The moron who lives on the other end of my block who put a woodburner in
his garage will take it. We wondered what the stinky acrid smell was in
the winter and spotted the smoke slowly coming out of the chimney and I
walked by and there was a pile of pine piled up next to the garage.

Is it just pine that must be paid for, I'd be calling the landfill to
find out for sure.
Here, all tress are free to dump, it all becomes mulch for the City to
use.
Or call another arbourist, they would also know.

Must be some kind of recycling center near you, that would take it for
mulch.

samurai.