Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default For Kate and other carvers; think about signatures!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:38:24 GMT, Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

Chris Damico wrote in
:

I gave away a few pieces early in my carving life without thinking about
signing my work. Eventually I designed my own celtic knot to use as a
signature. It ends up somewhere on everything I carve. In the case of
the attached picture it was part of the design itself. (Not a great pic
but you get the idea).

To ad a signature to stuff I make, I found some thin but tough paper. I
laser printed a series of logos on it in very small font (4 or 6 point).
I cut out all the small logos, leaving a small border and put them away in
an Altoids tin. When I need to put a logo on, I paint a dab of clear
polyurathane sealer down, press the logo into it, then paint more poly over
the logo. The paper turns transparent and only the logo remains. You can
design logos using a draw/paint program, scan a design in, or just draw
something and use a copier to shrink it down and make multiple copies on a
single page.

The toner doesn't dissolve or blur when you put the poly on it? cool..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing