Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default The new Ryobi Lithium batteries

On Oct 25, 9:08 am, Cactus Jack wrote:
The new Ryobi Lithium 18v batteries are compatible with all their
existing One+ tools. I've looked everywhere to find out whether they
can be recharged in the existing 18v One+ chargers? If so, will we be
able to buy JUST the battery? Currently the only option, without
buying a new tool, is a combo battery and new model charger for $99.
I'd like to get a couple or 3 of these new batteries, but I won't pay
$99 for a battery and a changer I may not need.

Yes, they will need the new charger. That is why they are not selling
just the batteries right now. Hopefully they came up with a way to
make the new Lithium batteries incompatible with the old charger,
because there could be problems if you use the wrong charger on them.

This new charger will recharge the old batteries, so you can throw
away your old charger if you want.