Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default The new Ryobi Lithium batteries

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:08:39 -0700, Cactus Jack
wrote:

The new Ryobi Lithium 18v batteries are compatible with all their
existing One+ tools. I've looked everywhere to find out whether they
can be recharged in the existing 18v One+ chargers? If so, will we be
able to buy JUST the battery? Currently the only option, without
buying a new tool, is a combo battery and new model charger for $99.
I'd like to get a couple or 3 of these new batteries, but I won't pay
$99 for a battery and a changer I may not need.

Thanks,
Jack

"Li-Ion batteries require a special charging system." *

Oren, why not check and see what the OP is talking about? Sure, li-ion and
Ni-Cad have a different charge and discharge protocol, but don't you think
it's possible that you can build a charger that does both?

The new Ryobi lithium battery can be used with the new & old tools. The
new charger can be used to charge *both* the new lithium and *old* one+
Ni-Cad batteries.

"With today's silicone chips and such..."

http://www.ryobitools.com/lithium/