Posted to alt.home.repair
Frugal Farmer Frugal Farmer is offline

Default Tricky eBay Transaction

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:24:11 -0400, h wrote:

Your best option is a credit card, either directly or through PayPal. eBay
expressly prohibits Western Union transactions. If you bought something
through eBay the seller CANNOT require WU. Report him to eBay and use PayPal
to complete the transaction. Didn't we already tell you this in a previous
thread?

- yes, you did.
However, your "best option" doesnt work for the seller:
a) doesnt accept CC
b) paypal covers $200 of the total purchase
c) eBay doesnt care what happens outside the bidding theater

Also, previous thread dealt mainly with steel shingles and those users
who dont care for steel shingles, wouldnt read it; thus, not comment
as to what the "best option" is and how to handle the eBay purchase.
Perhaps there are other users who are more eBay savvy than those who
commented on steel shingles. And those are the ones I am addressing
w/ my question.

This thread deals directly with the mechanics of a specific purchase
and its parameters. This thread (question) is not theoretical or
general in nature as to what the ideal option is. It is about a
solution to a specifically tabled problem. For example, I had offered
a partial payment and the balance once I received the goods. The
seller didnt accept. What other options are open to me? Other than
the one I have chosen so far - not to purchase from him?