Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] michael.young@paetec.com is offline

Default Looking for a door

I need to replace a steel door on my condo unit; I want a standard
looking steel door (4 "panels" with a fanlight at the top). HomeDepot
and Lowe's carry JeldWen - it's OK, but not what I want. Before they
went out of business, Chase-Pitkin (a regional hardware store here in
upstate NY) had a beautiful door that I'm really looking for now. It
was more expensive, but it had a decorative window for the fanlight,
and, while the window had mullions (muntins?), the fanlight was
encased by a solid, clear material (lucite? lexan?) that was flush
with the door panel (at least on the interior side) - this would make
cleaning a snap. Does anyone know who manufactures a door like this?
Thanks,
Michael