Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Weller WHS

Roger wrote in message
oups.com...
Everywhere I have worked over the years has used Weller soldering
irons.

I recently went to buy a new one and saw there was a "new" range, the
WHS models. They look neat and cost a bit less. And they are RUBBISH.
Just plain simple trashy, not what you would expect from Weller.

I hope somebody at Weller get's shot for putting these on the market,
and they go back to making first rate products!

My Weller TCP PU 3D first went into use on a production line Sep 11, 1986 .
I bought it at auction ten years later and use it every day since.
I have 2 spare elements and 2 spare switches and dozens of tips , so it
should last me out.
Dropped it once , requiring TLC to the switch but thats the only problem
I've had with it.

Remember never throw away a tip without removing the magnastat - you can
always swap it tu a tip with right profile but wrong temp.
I don't leave mine switched on all the working day.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England