Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Landscape lighting fixtures - low voltage

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Norminn wrote:

I learned way
more about Malibu than I ever wanted to know. I learned a little that
most folks probably know .. don't over- or under-size the trans. related
to number and size of bulbs.

If a bulb burns out, replace right away or the added power burns out other
bulbs.

Can you clarify those two points for me? I can understand not
undersizing the transformer, but don't understand why oversizing it
would be bad, assuming you're talking about power as opposed to voltage.
And the second assertion doesn't quite make sense to me, either.

I can't remember the differance between ohms, watts, volts, etc. Here
is what Malibu says:

http://www.malibulights.com/kbase/us...ory_id=4&sid2=

http://www.malibulights.com/kbase/us...ory_id=4&sid2=

Translation: Our equipment is junk, and we want you to compensate for it.