Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default CA. Fires - What's wrong with the inspectors?

h wrote:

Okkaaay, so how about commenting about why these idiots live in these
areas in the first place? There are lots of placed ill-suited to
human habitation; Mississippi flood plain, a LOT of SoCal, tornado
alley, and most of Florida, yet people continue to build there and
the gubmint continues to bail them out every single time. It's
ridiculous that those of us living in sensible places with no
tornados, floods, mudslides, wildfires, hurricanes, etc. have to fund
the constant re-building of those who insist on living where they
shouldn't. You want to live there, great, but I'm NOT going to pay
for it. Yes, we have the occasional flood here in upstate NY, but
only the 10-20 homes of idiots who feel compelled to live right ON
the river. Why should they be allowed to do this and still get bailed
out by the gubmint? While it's great farmland, no one should have a
house on the Mississippi flood plain for just this reason. Crops,
sure. Houses, not so much. Same with much of SoCal. It burns, it
slides, it quakes, DON'T LIVE THERE. Duh.

I'm sure upstate New York is a lovely place.

But turn the question around: Why is upstate New York so ghastly that people
would rather live in the New Orleans 9th Ward?