Posted to sci.electronics.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default Weller WHS

Roger wrote:
Everywhere I have worked over the years has used Weller soldering
irons.

I recently went to buy a new one and saw there was a "new" range, the
WHS models. They look neat and cost a bit less. And they are RUBBISH.
Just plain simple trashy, not what you would expect from Weller.

I never liked Weller. Never could get a tip to last a week. On the other
hand, I have a Hexacon I bought in the seventies and it's on its third
tip. I'm starting to look for replacements, as I don't expect this one
to last out the decade and may need a fourth by 2011.

--
One meter, to within 0.0125% accuracy (off by just under .005 inches):
Three feet