Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Storage for small things, nuts, bolts, . . .

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:58:10 -0700, El Cazador
wrote:

O.K., any recommendations for something that can be bought & mounted
to the wall to store nuts, bolts, anything capable of sitting into
small spaces? Been looking around the Internet for a while and just
nothing that fits my needs for an affordable price. Thanks for any
suggestions.

From my pipe smoking days, I have about 80 half pound tobacco tins.
these fit, three to a space between the studs of the dividing wall in
my basement (sheeted on the other side). I ran horizontal strapping to
support each row of cans. Labels are 2 x14 inch large type (printed
landscape on legal paper) held on and kept clean with clear packing
tape. When I was in a garage, I built a framework on the block wall.
Other covered cans such as one pound coffee cans or nut cans will work
as well. I avoid glass jars at all cost.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada