Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default DIY Wood buring stove insert?

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 25, 4:55 pm, "ng_reader" wrote:

But, if I were to get a 2nd hand quality wood burning insert, besides the
weight of the thing, has anyone tried installing one of these things
yourself?

A chimney sweep quoted me something like $125 to clean my chimney,
plus another $40 (give or take - don't remember exactly) to remove and
replace the insert. He had some special device to carry it. I was
surprised at how low the cost was. Given the certainty of damage to
the fireplace, bricks, and floor to DIY, the price seemed like a real
bargain.

Certainty??? Not if you use common sense.

Bob