Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Landscape lighting fixtures - low voltage

Smitty Two wrote:

Can you clarify those two points for me? I can understand not
undersizing the transformer, but don't understand why oversizing it
would be bad, assuming you're talking about power as opposed to voltage.
And the second assertion doesn't quite make sense to me, either.

According to the Malibu instructions, "as the load decreases on the transformer,
the voltage increases. Therefore, the life of the lamps will be reduced unless
the transformer is carrying close to its rated capacity."

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars