Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default unimat sl/db headstock stem

Archi wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Things are sometimes made that way. My MZ motorcycle for example had
an iron brake disc, but the centre of it is aluminium alloy - must be
cast in.

Thanks. Looks like I am out of lack.

Here's a blow up from a DB200 parts list. It shows the stem as a

Actually I mislead you by the subj - mine is SL - with grooved pin and
w/o hole. Looking on the pictures I got an idea that this part was
common for both SL and DB.

separate part, and the method of holding it with a pin in a groove.
Note that the SL has a different method of clamping the headstock/stem
assembly to the bed, but it's likely the DB method is the same as on
the SL, as regards the stem to headstock question. Worth checking?

I checked. It does not have any clamping pin. And looking at the entry
point at the bottom and all this webbing around it - there is no space
for any pins. Even thread is very questionable - no any traces of
threading on the visible part of the stem as well as no traces of
machining around the entry point in the casting. I think that suggested
groove/fin and then molding as one piece is the case.

Thanks,
Arcady

It wouyld appear that your question has been answered. I checked mine
and came to the same conclusion. I agree with the person who suggested
machining your own for the other application. good luck.

Jim Chandler