Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] inky@togls.com is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

On Oct 19, 11:53 pm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
"Todd Rich" wrote in message

Adam Corolla wrote:

snip-----

If it wasn't my only one, I've got a sintered 5# block from work. An
unneeded engineering sample. I'll ask and see if they have any others,
but I don't think they'll have one for a couple of weeks/months. It is
weird how dense it is.

If you thinktungsten'sweird to handle, try gold, or even platinum. Both
are heavier, platinum by a considerable amount. It's about 10% heavier than
gold, which is about 12% heavier thantungsten. Both are very strange to
hold, and easily slip from your grip.

Harold

Harold,

If I'm not mistaken, gold has a density of 19.32 grams/cc and tungsten
has a density of 19.3, making them almost identical. You are correct
about the platinum, though, as it has a density of 21.45.