Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Raising Tree Level

On 25 Oct, 01:09, wrote:
My yard tends to flood so I am raising the whole yard 16 feet by
having fill brought in. I had a company lift the house and put in a
new basement. I removed all the fences and posts. The filling has
begun. The problem are my trees. I thought that when soil was dumped
around trees, the trees would just rise to the soil level. It's not
working that way. I guess I need to add something to the trees. What
can I do to make the trees lift to the new soil level? I must have
dumb trees because they are only about 20 feet tall and if they stay
where they are, there will only be branches showing.

Ned

Option 1 -

Trees are made of wood.
Wood floats.
With enough water, the trees will float to the surface.
Get out your hose.

Option 2 -

Get a lot of 2 x 4's.
Cut the trees off at the current ground level.
Set them aside.
Add your fill.
Stand the trees up and brace them with the 2 x4's.
Wait for the roots to grow back.
Remove the 2 x 4's.
Build a shed.