Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Sliding patio door inside or outside?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"John" wrote in message
I'm jumping in here a bit late (date wise) but if the slider is on the
outside an intruder only needs to lift the outside door upward into the
upper track and tilt it outward to remove it from the frame -- even if it
is locked at the center.

Not true. There are locks that prevent lifting.

I just replaced 3 6- foot sliders that had been installed with the
operating door on the outside and screen on the inside and simply lifting
them up to clear the bottom track removed the door. A sill and head jamb
bracket retained the non-op door.