Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT Cell phone icons

---MIKE--- wrote:
I have a new Tracfone and am curious about the four icons at the top of
the main screen. There is what looks like a telephone pole with some
vertical marks next to it (signal strength), a circle with a cross
inside (911 ready), a 'battery" (battery indicator). The fourth is a
small square with a 1x inside it. This is identified as IS-2000 in the
phone's glossary. I have called the manufacturer (LG Electronics) and
Tracfone and they have been unable to tell me what IS-2000 means. The
instruction book is no help either. Do any of you have any idea what
IS-2000 means?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

It means that it is capable of and connected to a network that is using
that particular version of CDMA. If it is a digital only phone the only
other symbol that could be displayed there would be a "D" indicating the
phone was connected to a system using an older version of CDMA.